This blog site accompanies Retail Marketing by Sean Ennis and is regularly updated with insightful posts on the Retail Marketing industry. Use the links on the right to navigate to the most recent posts or find topics that interest you.
Have you visited the Online Learning Centre?
The Online Learning Centre contains a vast array of additional materials to enhance your teaching and learning experience:
- A comprehensive instructors’ manual provides detailed teaching notes on the examples and cases within the text
- PowerPoint slides and Test Bank of multiple choice questions also available
Visit www.mheducation.co.uk/textbooks/Ennis today!
Retail Marketing is a new and refreshing text, essential for anyone wanting to get to grips with this important, fast-paced area of marketing today. With a user-friendly structure, this brand new text reflects the very latest in academic thinking and provides a strong focus on customer value, corporate citizenship and the transformative effect of digital technology. Written especially for European and international students and suitable for both undergraduate and postgraduate students, Retail Marketing addresses the challenges of marketing in the 21st Century. Across the chapters key elements of successful retail marketing, including developments in omni-channel marketing and the importance of a co-ordinated supply chain to a company’s value proposition, are considered.
Striking a balance between theory and practice, Retail Marketing presents concepts in a clear and comprehensive way with engaging, up-to-date global examples and visual illustrations to help students apply their knowledge to a real world context.
- Cases and Vignettes are drawn from a broad geographic environment, and show a spotlight on a range of key topics with relatable examples including John Lewis, HEMA and Apple
- Discussion Questions and Activities challenge students to engage in further debate and explore concepts
- In-chapter Practitioner Interviews bring to life what students have learned as the author looks at how real business and marketing professionals from diverse companies – including Radley and Proctor & Gamble – carry out their roles; the decision-making processes that they follow and the challenges that they face.
- End-of-chapter Case Studies provide in-depth analysis of certain issues, each focusing on a pertinent company example
- Additional online tools available ensure fully supported and flexible learning for both student and lecturer
Dr Sean Ennis is Senior Lecturer and Director of the MSc Marketing programme at the University of Strathclyde. He is an experienced retail practitioner, consultant and lecturer with over 20 years’ experience in academia, during which he has taught retailing at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. His extensive teaching experience has covered many overseas locations including Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai, Oman, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Mumbai, Delhi, Shanghai, Athens and Switzerland.